Wednesday 7 January 2009

Hmm - Posting weekly

This whole posting weekly thing isn't working terribly well - it seems to be closer to monthly.

So anyway - Christmas has been and gone, and the memory is fading after three days at work. I was ill just before Christmas which messed up my plans for finishing work, but at least I was over it by the holdiays, unlike most of DH's family with whom we were staying. His Dad, Sister, Niece and Nephew were all ill, and I discovered that ill 2-year olds can be quite unpleasant. However, we also saw my 2-year old nephew who was his usual delightful self. He has learnt to say 'notwithstanding' but can't yet use it in a sentence.

With two weeks off, the knitting proceeded apace. I finished the eyelet vest whilst ill, but it seems to have grown since. I blocked it to size but it's already a little baggy - still nice and warm though. I have also finished the Express Lane socks which were quick and easy (as the name suggests, I guess) and I have a good bit of the yarn left. I made a bright red Swallowtail for MiL for her birthday at the end of Jan (at which DH started to appreciate the magic of blocking) and a Jacques Cousteau hat for FiL for his birthday in Feb.

The inlaws gave me 'Favorite Socks' for Christmas and I'm working on a pair of waving lace (just started the second sock) and the Lady Eleanor is progressing in the meantime. I placed an order with the Blue Moon Fibre Arts barnsale. It has finally cleared customs and should be on its way to me shortly, so I'm still hopefully of taking part in the February Lady KAL - and have lots of other goodies in there too - and finally, the first part of the Socktopus sock club is due to be shipped next week. This is the first time I've participated in a sock club so I'm very excited and hoping to learn new things. Much knitting as ever!

No comments: