Tuesday 2 December 2008

Quickly

Can't believe how long since I posted - nearly a month.

Lots of FOs since I last posted. The Clessidra socks are done (and have elastic in the tops). They got a lot softer after washing too.

I've also finished the first Endpaper mit. I think my colourwork needs some practice, but it's OK. I taught myself the Italian tubular cast on for this, and now I need to find the notes again so I can cast on the second.

Finished Jane's Fishbowl Dumpling (just needs the snap sewn in). This was a bit challenging as I had to use cotton for the handle (due to allergies). I also crocheted the rings and modified the shape slightly. Pickies to follow at some stage.

Biggest news is that the Shetland shawl is done but not blocked. I'm hoping to borrow some wires tomorrow and then the excitement will start. I think I'm going to have to strip the spare bed to lay it out on. I might also re-block Fascination while I have the use of the wires.

Current wips (other than the mits) are a pair of Jaywalker socks and the final Christmas beanie.

I really want to cast on my Lady Eleanor, but I'm going to make more progress with the Christmas cards first ;-)

No comments: