Sunday 26 October 2008

... And Back To Work

Slows the knitting right back down again. However, I am making progress with the shawl (I did take piccies yesterday, but haven't got them on the PC yet). The Clessidra socks are a bit on the back burner. Then yesterday, I made a dumpling bag. I love it. Did the whole thing in a day (apart from sewing on the snap, but I don't think that counts). As soon as the 9mm dpns I'd ordered came through the letter box, I was helpless.

Other than that, I have swatched for a Ce'Ce cardigan. Although the yarn is thinner than it's supposed to be, I am getting stitch gauge with a little extra length (not much) but it's making the lace look holey. I can't decide whether to go down a needle size and up a pattern size or whether to leave as is - but I'm not going to start on this one yet anyway.

In other news, I'm feeling very pleased with myself having got the Christmas shopping well underway. I suspect I will be less smug when I look at my credit card bill!

No comments: